04 May 2009

Menu Monday: May 4th to 10th


We are almost done with the Month of Menus, and although I'll reserve my final judgment for the end, I have to say I'm diggin' it so far. I like having to choose from a list of options rather than staring blankly at my menu because the 1876987 things I could possibly make are giving me brain freeze. Somehow, we have 8 meals after this week ... and 3 days until the "month" is over. Uh, oops.

(Yes, that's really my menu board. I love that darn thing. It hangs out in my pantry normally, rather than making its home on what looks to be a messy kitchen counter. Do not be alarmed, the messy part is an illusion ...)

M: Beef Tacos w/Spanish Rice and Toppings (It's not Cinco de Mayo yet, but its the only night this week when we're all home. Tacos are a family affair around here.)

T: Chicken Noodle Soup with Grilled Cheese and Bacon Sandwiches (from the leftover chicken on Sunday)

W: Ham and Potato Casserole, Veggies

R: Meatballs and Potatoes, Veggies (You pick the sauce night ... yay!)

F: Homemade Pizzas with Green Salads

S: Crockpot Pork Roast with Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, and Onions

U: Mother's Day Feast of Sausage and Spinach Lasagne, Garlic Bread, Salads, Veggies, and Dessert! (Now, to decide which dessert ... hmmm ... )

______________________
The Updated Month of Menus is then as follows ...

Crockpot Pork Roast x2
Seared Beef Roast x2
Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
Spaghetti with Meatball Marinara
Corn Tacos x2
Em Hash (recipe ... ) x2
Homemade Pizza x2
Crockpot Whole Garlic Chicken
Chicken Pot Pie Casserole with Biscuits (from leftover whole chicken)
Ham and Potato Casserole
Grilled and Glazed Ham Steaks x2
Venison Helper (I still have the venison, we used beef instead, which may mean I run out of ground beef for the other menu items early ...)
Soup and Grilled Bacon & Cheese Sandwiches
Baked Pork Chops
Grilled Marinaded Pork Chops
Grilled Cod/Tilapia
Chicken Mongo (so much fun ... hopefully with pictures when we get to it)
Sausage and Spinach Lasagne
auce Your Own Meatballs and Potatoes (you pick: sweet & sour, bbq, swedish, marinara ... I keep the sauces frozen in bags and knock a chunk off to warm up based on what everyone wants)
Breakfast for Dinner: Pancakes, Eggs, Sausage
ItaliSoy Grilled Chicken Breasts (the easiest marinade in. the. world.)
Popcorn Chicken and Fries (from a recipe at the Heavenly Homemaker)
Fried Chicken Salads


For approximately 1 million more menus, check out the Org. Junkie.


Simply,

Em.

No comments:

Post a Comment