15 June 2008

Sunday Set Up Returns!

We've been off menu for longer than I'd like to admit while we've been transitioning back to a crazy schedule. It's been a bit of a disaster, honestly. I'm a big advocate of menus as a tool of frugality. When you have a menu you can shop from a list, take things out ahead of time, and not have that spastic freak out moment after work when you consider pizza or take out rather than the labor of thinking up something to then spend time cooking. I can always tell you what I want for dinner sometime around 2pm, but never ever does anyone have any idea what they'd like to eat at dinner time if there's no menu. It's like I've forgotten how to cook everything, ever.

Menus are my saving grace when my brain vacates my head immediately before dinner, and we've been without one for weeks now. It's killing me. We're eating randomly. It's not healthy. It's not good for one's sanity, and it's super bad for the budget a la "Oh, sure, I'll run down and get syrup for $3.49 so we can have pancakes".

My family has also missed the menu, something I never thought I'd hear. They apparently prefer to look at the menu board and know what is on the line up than wonder if they'll ever eat again. Be would like the menu to return so he can help out by starting dinner before I get home. (awwwww, shucks!) Also, we're trying to dwindle down the deep freeze a bit so we can have room for the new piggie in the fall, so I'm gearing my menu toward things in my freezer already.


Here it is ...


MONDAY: BBQ Chopped Pork Sandwiches, French Fries

TUESDAY: Pepperoni Pizza Rotini Crescent Bake, Green Salad, Green Beans

WEDNESDAY: Whole Roasted Garlic Chicken, Rice and Corn Side, Broccoli

THURSDAY: London Broil, Diced Potatoes, Carrots

FRIDAY: BBQ Chicken Quarters, Cheesy Sour Cream Potatoes, Grilled Asparagus

SATURDAY: Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas

SUNDAY: Oven Glazed Ham, Au Gratin Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole, Cake!


Ah, that feels better.

Simply,

Em.

No comments:

Post a Comment