02 December 2008

Top 'O The Month: The End of a Long Hiatus Edition.

Two months.

It has been nearly 2 full months without a new post, and for that I apologize. I have had 8 weeks worth of long and complicated to do lists, and between staying up all night writing 15 page papers on theoretical frameworking while reading 300+ pages every week, and trying to find time to sleep I've simply had my hands full. Until last week, I hadn't grocery shopped for more than a loaf or two of bread since early October. It's a good thing we have a stockpile of food and household goods that allows for such laxity, eh? While I'm not out of the paper-writing woods quite yet, I've missed blogging here and am going to try to fit in more time to post in the coming weeks. I do apologize for leaving you hanging, and appreciate all of you that are still here reading along. You rock!

Now, for the numbers ...

EFund ... $1000. We used to have 2 EFunds, one in each of our accounts ... at least for a little while we did. We're back down to one, but we're still holding strong at $1000. We used the other one to pay some things down rather than keeping it in an account that was barely making any interest.

Dream Savings ... $400. That's less than it was earlier in this year, but more than it was 2 months ago. This savings account is in a bit of limbo because of the no income situation we're currently dealing with. I would reallyreallyreallyreally like to keep saving, but not at the cost of keeping the lights on so we'll see what happens in the coming months.

Jeep ... $235! That's right, just ONE payment left (I think, haha). Really, there's the next payment and then another one that will be smaller to clear the end balance of the loan since it didn't break up perfectly into equal monthly payments. I don't know how much that payment will be since I can't see the balance for this one online, but I am S.T.O.K.E.D. (!!!) that it's almost gone. Hooray!

GP ... 4731.63.

C1 ... $387.13. This one just never seems to move, which is not all that motivating. The good news, though, is that they recently cut my interest rate 3% so hopefully I'll get to see some more change in the near future.

AV ... $0! PAID OFF! Yay!

VSA ... $0! PAID OFF! Yay!

So the good news, during my time away, is that we still made progress on our debt totals. The bad news is that when I get busy I tend to pay less attention to the budget. That is possibly the exacty opposite of what someone should do. The budget is supposed to be there so that the thinking is done for you, so that your money goes where it is supposed to go without any effort. This doesn't work when your willpower is compromised by exhaustion or paper writing delirium, unfortunately. I have been letting the strictness of our budget slide because I have been too distracted to put up much of a protest against slip ups. *sigh* The road to debt freedom is never easy or perfect. We just have to tighten the reigns a little bit going forward.

Has your road to debt freedom has a couple bumps and bobbles along the way? How do you stay on track? More importantly, how do you recover from the slip ups? Feel free to add your thoughts in the comment section.



Simply (good to be back),


Em.

No comments:

Post a Comment